Home About Policies Reviews Features

Friday, May 9, 2014

(Bout of Books 10) Sharon's Goals & Updates

Guess what, everybody...IT'S BOUT OF BOOKS TIME! This one comes at the perfect time for me because I've been pushing reading aside for nearly a month in favor of watching Supernatural for the first time (midway through Season 9 right now). Which has been incredibly fun and mildly terrifying, but I'm getting a serious reading itch. I've only read 1.75 books in the past almost-month, and I just don't know how to function like that. Ergo, perfect timing! Plus, May is always one of my favorite BOBs because it's a great time to devour all those summery books! I'm also a Bout of Books expert, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask me here or on Twitter (@starsaloft)!

My Goals for Bout of Books 10
   • Read 6 of the following books
   • Discover some awesome new blogs and friends.
   • Participate in one of the Twitter chats (I have to work during the Saturday one. So bummed! They're all awesome, but Saturday is always the best. I want all of you to attend in my stead, okay? Deal.)
   • Participate in four or more challenges


Books To Read
   01. The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen
   02. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
   03. Six Months Later by Natalie D. Richardson
   04. The Break-Up Artist by Philip Siegal
   05. Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend by Katie Finn
   06. It Happened One Wedding by Julie James
   07. Waiting on You by Kristan Higgins
   08. The Luckiest Lady in London by Sherry Thomas

Updates

Monday, 5/12
Books Read Today:
  Completed: The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen (435 pages)
  In-Progress: The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen (142 pages)
Challenge:
  #01: If You Like X, Try Y, hosted here at The Book Barbies! If you like Julia Quinn, try A Night to Surrender by Tessa Dare.
  #02: Introduce Yourself to Your Fellow #boutofbooks-ers, hosted at the Bout of Books blog. My Submission
Total Books Read: ~1.5
Total Pages Read: 577

Tuesday, 5/13
Books Read Today:
  Completed: The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen (232 pages), It Happened One Wedding by Julie James (276 pages)
  In-Progress: Waiting on You by Kristan Higgins (20 pages)
Challenge:
  #01: Books You're Looking Forward To, hosted at River City Reading.
My list is comprised of Spring/Summer 2014 Books I Can't Wait to Read:
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Wish You Were Italian by Kristin Rae
To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
The Last Forever by Deb Caletti
  #02: Bookish Battle Royal Challenge, hosted at My Life in Books.
Total Books Read: ~3.05
Total Pages Read: 1,105

Wednesday, 5/14
Books Read Today:
  Completed:
  In-Progress: Waiting on You by Kristan Higgins (358 pages)
Challenge: Bookish Pairings, at My Overstuffed Shelves
Well, I just finished It Happened One Wedding by Julie James last night. And though there were quite a few (very far-fetched and probably imaginary on my part, but I see them because Hi, I'm Sharon, and I'm obsessed.) Friends references, there were parts that very much reminded me of The Ugly Truth, because the hero was helping the heroine interpret guys' behavior and giving her tips. They don't resemble each other a whole lot, but there are a few parallels. And it made me want to watch the movie. Definitely going on my list of things to do next week. So that's my pairing: It Happened One Wedding and The Ugly Truth.
Total Books Read: ~3.82
Total Pages Read: 1,463

Thursday, 5/15
Books Read Today:
  Completed: Waiting on You by Kristan Higgins (79 pages), Six Months Later by Natalie Richards (323 pages), The Break-Up Artist by Philip Siegel (336 pages)
  In-Progress:
Challenge: Spell It Out, hosted at Kimberly Faye Reads.

I used the following books I own to spell out November, my (and Racquel's!) birth month, an awesome month that is highly underrated by calendar companies everywhere. Shout out for November!
N - A Notorious Countess Confesses by Julie Anne Long
O - On Beauty by Zadie Smith
V - Vision in White by Nora Roberts
E - Eleven on Top by Janet Evanovich
M - My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
B - Blue-Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas
E - Everything I Know About Love I Learned from Romance Novels by Sarah Wendell
R - A Room with a View by E.M. Forster
Total Books Read: 6 (Goal unofficially met! *cheers*)
Total Pages Read: 2,201

Friday, 5/16
Books Read Today:
  Completed:
  In-Progress: Fools Rush In by Kristan Higgins (242 pages)
Challenge: #1: Cover Scavenger Hunt, hosted at Book Monsters
#2: Rainbow Book Challenge, hosted at Neon Yeti Reads
Total Books Read: ~6.64
Total Pages Read: 2,443

Saturday, 5/17
Books Read Today:
  Completed: Fools Rush In by Kristan Higgins (137 pages), The Luckiest Lady in London by Sherry Thomas (294 pages)
  In-Progress:
Challenge: Showing Authors Some Love, hosted at Doing Dewey. I recommended some of my favorite contemporary romance authors here.
Total Books Read: 8
Total Pages Read: 2,874

Sunday, 5/18
Books Read Today:
  Completed: Lovestruck Summer by Melissa C. Walker (272 pages)
  In-Progress:
Challenge: Retitle Your Current Read, hosted at Oh Magic Hour
Total Books Read: 9
Total Pages Read: 3,146

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th and runs through Sunday, May 18th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

No comments:

Post a Comment